Welcome to my official site — Simo Sakari Aaltonen: Writer & Composer. I’m a Finnish writer, composer, film and visual artist, podcaster, and translator.
• You can see all major pieces of news on the News page. The most recent update to this site was starting the Film subpage — still a work in progress as I keep adding my works in this field so far to IMDb alongside creating this page.
• In June 2023 I released my second album, Tales from the North, Book I.
• In May 2022 I released my first album of music, Passages Dark and Light.
• In February 2022 I published my first collection of short stories, At Dawn: Early Short Stories.
• In May 2021 I published my first book of sheet music: An Iceland Symphony, Op. 1: A Theatrical Symphony for All Ages. The culminating section entitled “Love” for string orchestra is available for free viewing and download on the Sheet Music page.
• I’ve published a few other kinds of books as well — see the Writing page for details.
• My official YouTube artist channel is here.
• I have a podcast called What Now with Simo — check out the Podcast page for more on that. It passed 10,000 listens on Christmas Eve of 2022, and it’s in many places, including the hosting site RSS.com, Spotify, Amazon, Apple Podcasts, and its own dedicated YouTube channel here.
• I’ve written for several story-oriented computer games, including the psychological horror hit Serena, whose download count is now in the millions.
• My other current projects include screenplays, stage plays, and lots more music.
• You can connect with me on any of the social media whose icons appear below.
• The Links page is a portal to some further beautiful things beyond this site.
Thank you for visiting. May you find beauty and meaning more often than not.
—Simo Sakari Aaltonen
If you’d like to support my creative endeavours directly, it’s also possible to make a donation via PayPal to help me focus more on my art and therefore create more. Clicking the button takes you to a PayPal page with a secure connection and giving you several options regarding your donation.
P.S. Please let me know if you wish to be credited for your donation! I’d be more than happy to mention you appreciatively in connection with any or every project your donation helped me complete. This is one of the purest forms of help, support, and love you can give any artist.